Sunday, October 29, 2006

Blogging, blogging.... gone

It’s time to end this blog.
I’m not happy with how it’s developing. I simply don’t have time to live in Kyrgyzstan and to update the blog regularly. Worse, what I write isn’t even particularly interesting. I’ve read what I wrote in the last post: I don’t like it and so I’ve removed it.

It’s easy to say that I should just select the highlights and skip the mundane events but it’s the day-to-day things which show what I’m experiencing here. Learning about and adapting to life in a different culture is what’s interesting for me and, I thought, writing about this makes my blog different from others: there are plenty of other blogs where people just publish their photos with a three-word caption and write about what they think are the exciting parts of their holidays. The entertaining events I’ve experienced here are only interesting as part of the whole; when taken out of context, they just don’t mean anything.

I’ve now had too many complaints that the blog is becoming boring. I don’t know how to make it amusing or interesting without giving the detail but it’s the detail that makes it boring. As someone who struggled to survive five years of engineering’s smothering greyness, accusations that I’ve been contaminated by the dull brown of Communism cut deep.
It will be good to return to the United Kingdom and its unique sense of humour after too long abroad.

Thank you for following this blog and for all the comments, especially Anita, Hana and Joris for helping bring this blog alive and often making me laugh out loud with what you’ve written. A memorial service featuring pints of cheap lager in a seedy Cardiff pub will be held to commiserate the apparent demise of Raw Bacon and Frogman.

This blog is now closed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

And you STILL haven't written anything about the dog fat.
And yes, I think this blog definitely deserves a chance of putting at least the hightlights on the blog.
DOG FAT! DOG FAT! WE WANT DOG FAT!
:D

Anonymous said...

I fully agree with what An ita pointed out. Ben, we can't survive without a thorough explanation of dog fat in all its living forms.
Boo! But I understand...those bearded women ay! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I also BOOOOOOO!!!!

Who are bloody bastards who told you that your blog is boring!!! Why should you listen to them anyway? You should listen to three of us instead of them, the evil dull people with no sense of humour

If somebody thinks this blog is boring, he/she should stop reading it right now and go have some social life, thus letting the author and the rest of us enjoy in boringness and dog fat :-)

WE WANT DOG FAT!!! AND MORE OF THIS BLOG!!! AND EVEN MORE OF DOG FAT!!!!

p.s. cat fat wil also do if you don't have any dog fat right now.

Anonymous said...

Moreover, why don't these bored people leave some interesing comments instead of nagging about the blog's tiresomeness, thereby contributing to its funniness...

Anonymous said...

still no news about dog fat :-(