Saturday, September 30, 2006

I'm so happy...

And here's one for Joris.
This woman is actually American, not Kyrgyz. When I found this photo it had the caption "I'm so happy, I could shave." The bearded lady in question works in circus in America and presumably if she does shave she would be out of a job, so hopefully logic will overcome her good mood and she will keep the beard. If you're worried, Joris, we may be able to begin an internet petition asking her to keep her beard especially for you. It looks like she doesn't have a fan club yet so perhaps you could start one?

I've been in Kyrgyzstan for four weeks now and I still haven't seen a bearded lady here. I've also found out why there are so many theatres: it's because people here seem to call any kind of indoor public entertainment building a 'theatre' - so a cinema is called a 'movie theatre', and the opera house is also classed as a theatre. I've been inside one movie theatre so far and there were no bearded ladies there. The only bearded lady I can find is in the picture above.

A friend of one of my students is a big Bollywood fan and she fell in love with a Bollywood actor. She was so desperate to meet him that she began stealing from shops to fund her flight to Mumbai. However, she was caught and sent to prison. She sent a letter from her cell to the actor explaining her situation and he has agreed to meet her when she is released from jail. So there's hope for Joris yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ben for this personal dedication on the internet, I feel so much happier now ;-)

Anonymous said...

I will definitely join the fun club of this bearded lady :-)
And sign that petition!

All for Joris and his bearded lady!!

PS does she have a name, or shall we just call her bearded lady?